Recently we were asked to anticipate the questions a CEO would ask a Program Manager at a scheduled review meeting for an important project. We came up with the following list. It is a composite set of questions we have developed over a number of engagements and through our work with CEO's. Specifically, their role in provisioning and assessing development project performance.
More specific questions:
1. What is critical path?
2. What is critical path to next big milestone?
3. What is the gap?
4. What is the rate of acceleration needed to close gap?
5. Can the work flow be done differently to make it go faster?
6. What is limiting it from going faster (resources, decisions, information, focus, etc.)?
7. What is the second critical path? (start again at question 1)